*Survival Quiz #3*
The last two "tests" have dealt with Radiation in the NBC Section, I decided to make this one more broad in scope and nature...
True or False:
1. An appliance that pulls 10 amps from a 12 volt supply is using 100 Watts of power
2. You should avoid contact with people who may have been exposed to a chemical terrorist attack to avoid the contagen.
3. Two 12 volt, 150 amp/Hour batteries hooked in parallel will give you 24 volts and 300 Amp/Hours of power.
4. When building a safe room, the filter fans should make the plastic used for sealing doorways suck into the room, this means that safe filtered air is being drawn in.
5. A virus can usually be cured with the proper anti-biotics.
6. A 9mm handgun can also used 38 special shells in an emergency.
7. MOPP gear is an effective means of protecting yourself in the event of a chemical attack.
8. American made NATO standard Gas masks must have a filter adapter if you plan to use the filters from a current issue Israeli gas mask on them.
9. To avoid breathing contaminated air inside your home during a bio-attack you should change the filter in your central air conditioner and turn it on to filter out bio-agents that may be in the air outside.
10. A 100 Watt solar panel will charge a 12 volt 116 Amp/Hour battery in about an hour and 16 minutes.
11. Biological attacks are more dangerous on bright sunny days.
12. If you suspect a break in at your home in the middle of the night, you should check the intire house while holding your pistol well out in front of you.
13. If forced to fire at an intruder in your home, you should use a shotgun because the pellets won't penetrate walls, which reduces the chance of harming people sleeping in other rooms of the house.
14. Boiling water is an effective method of purification
15. A bic lighter is better for starting fires in the winter than a fire steel sparking firestarter.
16. If a hot piece of metal hits a bic lighter in your pocket, it can explode like dynamite and even blow off your leg.
17. A 500 Watt inverter will run a Home desk top computer, a Monitor, AND a 27 inch TV set.
18. A gas mask filter will not filter out anthrax spores
19. A Bov that can go 415 miles on 23 gallons of gas will go 512 miles on 26 gallons of gas.
20. There is no treatment for radiation poisoning
Survival Quiz #3 Answers
Warlord & Dbrown
All materials at this site not otherwise credited are Copyright © 1996 - 2002 Trip Williams. All rights reserved. May be reproduced for personal use only. Use of any material contained herein is subject to stated terms or written permission.