*Two Dollar BlowGun*
1) First take your pipe and cut to desired length that is manageable to shoot with.
2) Clean of the burs on the ends with a round file and sand paper.
3) Cut coat hangers or brazing rods into 4" pieces and file one end of each to a point.
4) Take masking tape and turn it on to the dull end of each piece of rod until it barely fits into the copper pipe, a little loose is better.
5) You can put graphite into the pipe to make the dart slide better but check your lips afterwards to make sure you don't have a ring left over afterwards. :0)
If you practice with these you get very accurate and the power depends on how hard you blow. They are hard to pull out of a wooden target and will be perfect for taking out small birds,grouse or squirrels at under 10 paces.
Have fun. My Junior Rangers built these and they had a gas.
All materials at this site not otherwise credited are Copyright © 1996 - 2003 Trip Williams. All rights reserved. May be reproduced for personal use only. Use of any material contained herein is subject to stated terms or written permission.